Sunday, June 6, 2010

Life Happens

Every now and then something will happen that will bring you to both the edge of tears as well as laughter.  Today as I sit playing on my little computer in a world of my own, my daughter comes to me with a sweet look on her face.  I look into the eyes that make me smile and as I take in her smile I notice that something is a little wrong.  It would seem that my darling little girl had gotten hold of a pair of scissors and had tried to make herself beautiful.  There in the middle of her forehead I saw a patch of stubble that extended two inches by four inches from front to back. The joy in seeing my daughter turned to shock and I quickly thought of so many different things.  “How did this happen?” “Did she do this to herself or was it a friend?” “Did she cut herself?” “How was I going to fix this?”  I had so many different thoughts at once.  I hurt for my daughter and the pain that she would go through. 
My wife and I decided that the only way to really fix this was to cut off all her hair.  Although very traumatic for a girl it was our only choice.  We striped her and started to cut off her hair.  I thought to myself as I cut “my daughter is going to look like Britney spears”  She had her bath when it was all over and of course we have pictures, but now she looks so sweet in her head scarf. 
My little boy, so as to lessen the pain that his sister was going through wanted to cut his hair too.  He was fine with it until I actually started cutting but by then it was too late.  So now I have two little bald children.  My son wanted me to cut my hair as well and I thought about it.  In the end I kept my hair as did my wife and my daughter, hopefully, has learned her lesson. 

2 comments:

  1. Our poor sweet baby!
    I am sure it will grow back fast - maybe in time for thanksgiving or at least her birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The things kids do to drive us crazy!! She pulls off the scarf look well, though Hubby said, "Hopefully no one mistakes her for a cancer patient." Only he would have a thought like that! She still looks cute, she just has no hair! lol It'll grow back quick I'm sure, and in the meantime, let's hide those scissors! lol

    ReplyDelete